Welcome back to TalkSports24x7 WWE Monday Night Review. Today we will review the post-Backlash episode of Monday Night Raw from New York.
– Opening segment with Kurt Angle announcing the qualifying matches for the Money in the Bank Match.
1. Money in the Bank Qualifying Match: Braun Strowman vs. Kevin Owens
Winner: Braun Strowman.
This was a really interesting match that saw Braun winning after hitting Owens with a Running Powerslam. Braun Strowman has now qualified for the Money in the Bank Match.
2. No Way Jose, Apollo Crews and Titus O’Neil vs. Baron Corbin and The Revival
Winner: Baron Corbin and The Revival
A decent match with back and forth action. Lastly, Corbin pinned No Way Jose after hitting End of Days.
3. [Women’s] Money in the Bank Qualifying Match: Ember Moon vs. Sasha Banks vs. Ruby Riott
Winner: Ember Moon
This was a really good Triple Threat qualifier match. Ember was really impressive throughout the match. There was an interference by Bayley, but in the end, Ember hits The Eclipse on Riott for the win. Ember Moon has now qualified for the Money in the Bank Match.
– Backstage Interview Segment [Pre-Recorded]: Renee Young sits down with Bobby Lashley where he talked about his sisters.
– Jinder Mahal vs. Chad Gable.
Winner: Mahal. He hits Gable with a Khallas for the win.
– Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler vs. Heath Slater and Rhyno
Winner: Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler
– Bobby Roode vs. Elias
Winner: Bobby Roode
4. Intercontinental Championship Match:
Seth Rollins (c) vs. Mojo Rawley
Winner: Seth Rollins
This was actually an Open Challenge, that was accepted by Mojo. I must say that Rollins is currently WWE’s best worker. He puts on tremendous matches EVERY WEEK! This was a fantastic match (once again). Moreover, credit to Rawley as well who put up a good fight. Rollins retained after hitting the high knee to the face followed by the Blackout.
– Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt vs. Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas
Winner: Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt.
We are possibly going to see a new Gimmick for the former Miztourage, who are now calling themselves, “Stay Tuned”.
5. Money in the Bank Qualifying Match: Finn Bálor vs. Sami Zayn vs. Roman Reigns
Winner: Finn Bálor.
Now this is something interesting, the match was looking like a perfect set up to get Reigns back into the Title picture. Reigns was about to hit the Spear on Balor. BUT, out of nowhere, Jinder Mahal interfered. The result? Finn Bálor took advantage of the situation by hitting the Coup de Grace on Sami for the victory! Finn Bálor has now qualified for the Money in the Bank Match.
What’s interesting here is that, this interruption by Jinder has started a movement in the wrestling community! Jinder is now getting cheers and the hashtag, #ThankYouJinder is trending on Twitter. Interesting, but weird stuff indeed. Let’s see what are the plans of WWE going forward with this.