The 5th season of the Hero Indian Super League is going to start in few months and the preparations of the Franchises are in full swing. This time they are going to face some newly introduced norms and regulations of which the reduction in salary cap and new guidelines for recruitment of head and assistant coach are the noteworthy ones.
REDUCED SALARY CAP
The player salary cap of the franchises till the last season was 18 Cr. but this time it has been reduced to 17.5 Cr. Transfer fees paid for player purchases will be added and transfer fees received in player sales will be deducted from the salary cap.
GUIDELINES FOR HEAD AND ASSISTANT COACH
1) The head coaches must hold an AFC Pro License or an equivalent coaching license. The coaches can also be in the process of obtaining their AFC pro-license (or equivalent) coaching qualification.
2) The profile of an ISL head coach must be one of the three:
- A high-profile coach with significant experience and record.
- A high-profile international footballer (active or retired) with the required coaching license looking to kick-start a coaching career
- A non-high profile coach with significant experience and a proven track record.
3) For an assistant coach to be promoted to the role of head coach, the requirements are:
- The coach should have been at the ISL club for at least one full season.
- The coach should boast a strong biodata from his tenure as an assistant.
- The coach should have achieved success as an assistant coach or worked under a successful head coach.
- The coach should have worked as an assistant coach at Indian and non-Indian clubs.
- The coach should be an AFC Pro License holder (or its equivalent qualification) or be in the process of acquiring the same.
4) Each ISL club is required to have/appoint at least one Indian assistant coach who is a full-time resident of India. The Indian coach should be an AFC A License holder or be in the process of acquiring the same. It must be noted that clubs can appoint an Indian goalkeeping coach to satisfy this criterion.
The deadline of submitting the name of the Head Coach is August. Some franchises are yet to officially announce the name of their Head Coach for the upcoming season while incase of some the deal is already done and they’re waiting only for the approval to make the declaration.