With Pro Kabbadi League all ready to start by October 05, 2018, Bengaluru Bulls are fully charged and geared up for the sixth edition of the competition which has changed the face of Kabaddi in the country to a great extent. Bengaluru Bulls will play from Kanteerava Indoor Stadium, Bengaluru which has a capacity of 4,000. Thr Kosmik Global Media owned franchise will be coached by Randhir Singh. Bengaluru Bulls will be led once again by their very own Rohit Kumar. The Bengaluru based franchise retained only one player from their previous season and that was their skipper, Rohit Kumar. They didn’t make much noise in the Pro Kabbadi League Auction 2018 as they didn’t go in for big price tag and kept it simple which took place in June at Bengaluru. Bulls acquired the services of experienced former Dabang Delhi K.C. Raider, Kashiling Adake. They also went on to grab two international all-rounders to strengthen their squad. Apart from these players, Bulls also bought some notable players like Pawan Kumar, Mahender Singh, Jasmer Singh, Raju Lal Choudhary, Sandeep, Rohit, and Mahesh Magdum.
Rohit Kumar © – Raider
Anand – Raider
Anil – Raider
Harish Naik – Raider
Kashiling Adake – Raider
Pawan Kumar – Raider
Rohit – Raider
Sumit Singh – Raider
Amit Sheoran – Defender, Left Corner
Ashish Kumar – Defender, Right Cover
Jawahar Vivek K – Defender, Left Corner
Mahender Singh – Defender, Left Cover
Mahendra Singh Dhaka – Defender, Right Cover
Nithesh B.R. – Defender – Right Corner
Raju Lal Choudhary – Defender, Right Corner
Sandeep – Defender, Left Corner
Dong Ju Hong – All-Rounder
Gyung Tae Kim – All-Rounder
Jasmer Gulia – All-Rounder
Mahesh Magdum – All-Rounder
Squad strength: 19
● SQUAD ANALYSIS:
Bengaluru Bulls have a balanced squad which has two key raiders who can turn the game to their favor. Rohit Kumar will lead the side with Kashiling Adake alongside which will be a big threat to the opposition. Bulls also landed two international all-rounders, Dong Ju Hong and Gyung Tae Kim. Kashiling Adake, who is known for his “Frog Jump” didn’t perform well in Season-5 as he did in in the previous seasons. He was the top raider of Season 2 with 114 raid points. He has got a total of 528 raid points in the entire Pro Kabbadi League from the start. Rohit Kumar, who is also famous for “Frog Jump” was very successful in season 5 with 231 points in 22 matches.
The overall raid points of Kashiling Adake and Rohit is 968 points, which is to be watched out for by the oppositions. Defense is quite impressive for Bulls with Mahender Singh aka “The Bulldozer” who made his mark in season 5 with his dashes. He got 10 tackle points U.P. Yoddha in a single match which was crucial. Another defender to watch out for is Ashish Kumar, who showed an impressive performance last season with 32 tackle points in 20 matches he played. Overall this is a balanced side to compete for the title.
● TEAM RATING:
○ Raid – 8/10
○ Defense – 7/10
○ All-round – 7.5/10
○ Overall – 7.5/10
● PREVIOUS SEASON PERFORMANCE:
Bengaluru Bulls had a good season last year with Rohit Kumar being the top raider of the season with 231 points just behind Pardeep Narwal. Bengaluru Bulls got overall 689 points in their 22 matches. They have the 11th position in conceding points with 679 points. The Bengaluru based franchise also had 336 successful raids in the Season 5 of Vivo Pro Kabbadi League. They also stood tall in Super Tackles with 17 in 22 matches. Overall their performance was average considering other team’s performances.
• Tamil Thalaivas vs Bengaluru Bulls – Wednesday, 10 October.
• Bengaluru Bulls vs Tamil Thalaivas – Wednesday, 17 October.
• Puneri Paltan vs Bengaluru Bulls – Sunday, 21 October.
• Bengaluru Bulls vs Haryana Steelers – Wednesday, 24 October.
• Patna Pirates vs Bengaluru Bulls – Wednesday, 31 October.
• U.P. Yoddha vs Bengaluru Bulls – Saturday, 03 November.
• U.P. Yoddha vs Bengaluru Bulls – Thursday, 08 November.
• U Mumba vs Bengaluru Bulls – Wednesday, 14 November.
• Gujarat Fortune Giants vs Bengaluru Bulls – Saturday, 17 November.
• Jaipur Pink Panthers vs Bengaluru Bulls – Sunday, 18 November.
• Bengaluru Bulls vs Bengal Warriors – Friday, 23 November.
• Bengaluru Bulls vs Tamil Thalaivas – Saturday, 24 November.
• Bengaluru Bulls vs Patna Pirates – Sunday, 25 November.
• Bengaluru Bulls vs U.P. Yoddha – Tuesday, 27 November.
• Bengaluru Bulls vs Telugu Titans – Wednesday, 28 November.
• Bengaluru Bulls vs Bengal Warriors – Thursday, 29 November.
• Dabang Delhi K.C. vs Bengaluru Bulls – Wednesday, 05 December.
• Telugu Titans vs Bengaluru Bulls – Wednesday, 12 December.
• Bengaluru Bulls vs Telugu Titans – Tuesday, 18 December.
• Patna Pirates vs Bengaluru Bulls – Wednesday, 19 December.
• Bengal Warriors vs Bengaluru Bulls – Wednesday, 26 December.
● AUTHOR’S TAKE:
Bengaluru Bulls got a good balanced squad for this season with Rohit Kumar leading the side from the front. The Raid Machine has a lot in his shoulders as it didn’t work out last season for him as a skipper but showed an impressive performance as an individual. This time with Kashiling Adake and good defense line, Bulls can be expected to perform better than previous season considering the squad which they have this season.