Ranjit Bajaj again in a controversial situation 0

Ranjit Bajaj

Minerva Punjab FC manager and owner Ranjit Bajaj has always been on the headlines since Minerva won their debut I-League title in 2018. He again puts himself in a controversial position, this time connected to a life and death situation of a footballer.

The start of the incident was at Nagao Ground, Fatorda on the 30th of January, where Minerva Punjab faced Reliance Foundation Young Champs in a Hero Elite League Group-B fixture. On the 40th minute of the game, Minerva Punjab FC footballer Makan Unkal Chothe crashed with the opponent goalkeeper and fell on the ground breathless.

AFC Emergency Medicine Physician, Dr. Fenton Desouza, who was there on the ground claims that Mr. Bajaj interrupted the doctor and medical staffs from performing their duties and forcefully performed CPR on the player which could have led to his death. Dr. Desouza also mailed the complete incident to AIFF and requested the Federation to take action against Mr. Bajaj.

IMG 20190203 WA0000 249x561 - Ranjit Bajaj again in a controversial situation

On the other hand, Minerva Punjab FC presents a completely different format of the incident and states that there was no availability of proper medical staffs and equipments in the ambulance and the Mr. Bajaj had to perform CPR on the footballer under the vision of club physio Jay Shera to revive him. They have also blamed the ambulance driver for delaying proceedings due to not knowing the route to the nearest hospital.

IMG 20190203 WA0001 316x561 - Ranjit Bajaj again in a controversial situation

Dr. Fenton who has framed Minerva Punjab FC owner Mr. Ranjit Bajaj as the ultimate culprit of this situation has no alibis on his behalf; on the other hand Minerva Punjab FC claims to have had contact with Mr. Abhishek Yadav from the AIFF and explained the situation to him during the incident.

IMG 20190203 WA0002 680x384 - Ranjit Bajaj again in a controversial situation

AIFF will be considering both the requests and also ask the match commissioner and the match officials for information on the incident. Now it is up to the Federation to review the incident and take steps regarding this matter.